The NAD New Zealand and Australia Educational Study Tour provided educators and administrators the opportunity to examine their educational system, gleaning best practices to inform and enhance our educational system. We had the opportunity to learn about inquiry education through professional development presentations and classroom visits in both public and Adventist K-12 schools, we dialogued with their teachers and administrators, and we had the opportunity to witness what it means to “Live The Mission”. There was also ample time to experience their rich and diverse culture—visits to caves and rushing waterfalls, hanging out with sheep and alpacas, eating delicious kiwi (the fruit) while mingling with the kiwi (the people) as we tried to catch a glimpse of the kiwi (the animal). Sabbath was a special time as we shared a beautiful worship experience with our brothers and sisters in Christ and we even became known as the traveling NAD choir! And did we mention that the food was AMAZING!!! This was definitely a tour to remember!
- Day 1 – Traditional cultural welcome and dinner, orientation to Adventist education in New Zealand
- Days 2-6 – Professional development presentations on inquiry learning, class observations of practice in state and Adventist schools, sightseeing
- Day 7 – Sabbath at a NZ church, sightseeing
- Day 8 – Sightseeing
- Days 9-10 – Professional development presentations on inquiry learning, class observations of practice in state and Adventist schools, sightseeing
- Days 11-13 – Optional tour to Sydney